Portal and Steam

| Thursday, March 12, 2009
I meant to go to bed about two hours ago, perhaps that is the simplest way to state it.

Steam is just plain cool. I don't know why, but I like it. I'm the type that hates extra software that pretends to be convenient, but Steam seems to work.

Portal is pretty fun. I like it a lot. As you can tell by my failure to go to sleep when I intended. I tried the demo and then decided to but it. Since it was only $10 more, I bought the Orange Box, perhaps I'll comment on the other games in a few days. Unfortunately there seems to be a problem with voice files not playing which didn't happen in the demo. I think I'm being cheated out of half the game without GlaDoS telling me terrible things.

I opened up the console and it's filled with errors, particularly with failing to load .wav files. When it doubt, reinstall.

It's working just fine now. Maybe there was a problem with the pre-downloading missing a few files.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments in posts older than 21 days will be moderated to prevent spam. Comments in posts younger than 21 days will be checked for ID.

Powered by Blogger.